Edison High Attire
(available before or after school in the Student Council office and at school events)
Long Sleeve Shirts= $15
Executive Board 2016-2017
Co-Advisors: Amanda Gonczi and Melissa Wertz
President: Alexis Mangafas
Co-Vice Presidents: Nabil Boto and Emily Cordova
Secretary: Jimmy Michaca
Treasurer: Ashley Santos
Student Council Update
Welcome to the Edison High School Student Council website! Check out what's happening at EHS in the Student Council:
1. There will be a staff breakfast in the cafeteria on Thursday, September 1st at 7:00am. Staff, bring your appetites!
2. School attire will be available for sale at Back to School Night on Wednesday, September 14th. T-shirts are $10, long sleeve shirts are $15, and hoodies are $25.
3. On Thursday, September 22nd, the Student Council will host the "Beautify EHS" event (weather-permitting), where we plant flowers around the school gardens. Volunteers can sign up in the Student Council office, on the Student Council's Google Classroom webpage, or contacting an advisor or officer.
4. Participate in the Embrace Kids' annual Heel to Heal Walk on Sunday, September 25th from 9:00am-12:00pm. Register online at embracekids.org, click on "Heel to Heal", and join the team "Jimmy's Wolfpack." All money raised will be donated to help combat childhood cancer.
5. Interested in becoming a homeroom representative? Run in the homeroom representative elections, scheduled for Wednesday, September 28th during all first period classes. All homeroom reps are expected to attend our General Student Council meetings, which take place the first Thursday of every month.
1. The first General Student Council meeting of the year will take place on Thursday, October 6th during period 1 in the auditorium. Only elected homeroom representatives, co-chairs, and officers will be permitted to attend.
2. The EHS Student Council will be attending the NJASC Fall Convention at TCNJ on Tuesday, October 11th.
3. Bring your school spirit to the Fall Pep Rally, scheduled for Friday, October 21st!
4. The Homecoming Dance will follow the Homecoming Game on Friday, October 21st. Find out who will be crowned the Homecoming King and Queen at the dance!
5. Halloween at the High will take place on Friday, October 28th from 5:00pm-7:00pm. Several clubs will host a child-friendly activity in classrooms throughout EHS, and the classes will compete in a Haunted House contest in the cafeteria.
1. A General Student Council meeting is scheduled for Thursday, November 3rd after school in the cafeteria. All homeroom reps, co-chairs, and officers are expected to attend.
2. A food drive will begin on Monday, November 14th and end on Wednesday, November 23rd. Help your class earn Battle of the Class points and bring in non-perishable items in your class bins in the main lobby!
1. A General Student Council meeting will take place on Thursday, December 1st at 2:45pm in the cafeteria.
2. Hall Decorating will take place on Monday, December 5th from 2:30pm-9:00pm. Pizza will be provided by the Student Council. Help your class decorate the cafeteria hallway to win Battle of the Class points!
3. Volunteers are needed for bagging at ShopRite. Help us raise money for the NJASC State Charity, Bianca's Kids.
Stay tuned throughout the year for more updated information and check out what we have in store for 2017!