Summer School Information
SUMMER SCHOOL PROGRAM
Failure Makeup at JPS High School
June 22 – July 26, 2022, 7:50 am-1:00 pm (Closed July 4th)
Summer School Supervisor: email@example.com
Credit Recovery (Considered Failure Make-up)
● Math, English, Science, Social Studies: Students must be present in the school building every day and on time.
● World Language: Complete the work at home. Pay directly to Educere.net. See instructions below under “REGISTRATION”.
● More than two days absent will result in dismissal from Credit Recovery.
REGISTRATION / COSTS / PAYMENTS
1. ALL STUDENTS: Fill out the Edison Township Summer School Application
2. ALL STUDENTS EXCEPT WORLD LANGUAGE CREDIT RECOVERY (FAILURE MAKEUP): Wait for an email from our district with a link to pay.
a. Credit Recovery (Failure Make-up):
$350 - Full year courses $265 - Physical Education $90 - Health
b. As per NJSA 18A:11-15 families qualifying for free or reduced lunch during the school year will pay reduced tuition for Failure Makeup.
3. WORLD LANGUAGE FAILURE MAKEUP ONLY:
● Register on Educere
● Students can begin to register for classes on June 13th until June 24th.
● Start Date: Approximately 7 days after receipt of registration and payment.
● End Date: Abbreviated courses must be completed within 60 days of the student's start date, but no later than August 15, 2022 by 11:59pm, EST. When filling out the registration, please put down your primary counselor to be Dr. Braungard-Galayda
● Edison High School School Code for Educere: PU68NGWK.
● All courses are self-paced, though students must complete them by the designated end date.
● Refunds: No refunds under any circumstances.
ATHLETIC ELIGIBILITY: For participation in the first semester (September to January) of grades 10 thru 12 students must have earned 32.5 credits (25% of the 130 credits required for graduation). These credits must have been earned during the preceding school year, including summer school.
Grades: Grades for credit recovery (failure makeup are averaged with the “F” grade from the school year. A grade of 70% must be obtained to pass the regular course.