Science National Honor Society (SNHS)
Science National Honor Society
Teacher Recommendation Form: Due by Oct 14, 2020
Student Application Form: Due by Oct 16, 2020
Requirements for SNHS Membership Consideration:
1. Student must be a Junior or Senior.
2. Student must maintain a 3.0 GPA (4.0 Scale).
3. Student must maintain a 3.5 GPA (4.0 Scale) in all Science courses.
Examples if you are a current junior (A and B, A- and B+)
Examples if you are a current senior ( A, A-, B+) (A-,A-,B+) (B, A, A-)
4. Student must be enrolled in two AP/Honors Science course during or prior to Senior year.
5. Students cannot have any suspensions or cheating incidents on their record.
6. Student must be involved in 2 science clubs or activities outside of the classroom (ex: Science Olympiad or volunteering at a hospital). You must provide documentation!
7. Student must receive recommendation from 2 science or math teachers (if science not available).
8. Student must write 1 essay and Ms. Degs will take care of getting your transcript. DO NOT ASK YOUR COUNSELOR FOR YOUR TRANSCRIPT please!
Please make sure you meet all 8 of the above requirements before applying.
Pictures from last year's SNHS Induction Ceremony: